Tuesday, June 25, 2019

The Spirit God Gave Us Does Not Make Us Afraid. His Spirit Is A Source Of Power And Love And Self-control.


The Spirit God Gave Us Does Not Make Us Afraid.
His Spirit
Is A Source Of Power And Love And Self-control.
Scripture
2 Timothy 1
7 The Spirit God gave us does not make us afraid. His Spirit is a source of power and love and self-control.
Observation
What are you facing today?
Let me encourage you to dive into God's Word right now so you will be able to have the strength to handle what is coming your direction!
The Apostle Paul was encouraging his son in the faith, young Timothy, to be strong. It is a good word for us too.
2 Timothy 1:7 reminds me of another verse,
By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.” 2 Peter 1:3
And those two verses remind me of this verse,
The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.” Romans 8:11
Whatever you and I are facing today we can handle it through the power of God's Holy Spirit who lives in us!
So let's be strong in the Lord and not wimp out!
Application
I will face whatever comes my way today with boldness.
How about you?
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, give me the strength that I need to live out this day in a way that makes You smile. Don't let me be afraid. Don't let me wimp out. Fill me and control me with Your Holy Spirit, that same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead!
Psalm 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.
2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.
3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! 
Daily Bible Reading: Joel 1,2,3; 2 Timothy 1



No comments: