Sunday, June 02, 2019

But The Godly Will Flourish Like Palm Trees ... Even In Old Age They Will Still Produce Fruit.


But The Godly Will Flourish Like Palm Trees ...
Even
In Old Age They Will Still Produce Fruit.
Scripture
Psalm 92
12 But the godly will flourish like palm trees
    and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon.

13 For they are transplanted to the Lord’s own house.
    They flourish in the courts of our God.

14 Even in old age they will still produce fruit;
    they will remain vital and green.

15 They will declare, “The Lord is just!
    He is my rock!
    There is no evil in him!”

Observation
Getting old is not for wimps … I am amazed at how many different parts of your body can ache all at the same time! But Psalm 92 reassures me that even in old age I can still produce fruit and I can still be vital and green!
Our country is in a battle right now over the value of human life. It has been going now for quite a while. The unborn, those will special needs, orphans, those in foster care, and the elderly are all highly valued by our Creator and we must also protect them as well.
Application
I will not believe for a minute that just because I am old..er that I don't have value and worth.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to still produce fruit in my old age. Don't let me give up. Show me where to spend my time and energy. Show me who needs my help.

I pray for those who feel defeated today. Help them, Lord. Show them that they can rely on You. Don't let them give up.


Psalm 71:9,17-18

And now, in my old age, don’t set me aside. Don’t abandon me when my strength is failing. O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood, and I constantly tell others about the wonderful things you do. Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, O God. Let me proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 22,23,24; Romans 14; I added Psalm 32, Psalm 92



No comments: