Saturday, June 08, 2019

Instead, Be Kind To Each Other, Tenderhearted, Forgiving One Another, Just As God Through Christ Has Forgiven You.


Instead, Be Kind To Each Other,
Tenderhearted, Forgiving One Another,
Just As God Through Christ Has Forgiven You.
Scripture
Ephesians 4
31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.
32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Observation

What are you known for? What am I known for? Are we known for our kindness? Or do people, when they talk about us, talk about how harsh we are? Well … if that's the case … get rid of it!

The Apostle Paul says, “get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander” so that means it is a choice you and I must make.

So if we are jerks, we are choosing to be that way!

Men – be kind, tenderhearted, and forgiving today!

Let's say to our wives, “I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?”

Application

I will love my wife the way that Christ loved the church.
How about you? Are you being kind? It is a choice!
Ephesians 5
25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her
26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.
 27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault. 
28 In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me be a jerk. Don't let me be harsh with my wife or anyone else. Convict me every time I act unloving towards Kathy. Give women strength and the extra love to put up with grumpy, mean husbands. Change the hearts of men who verbally abuse their wives. And change the hearts of women who verbally abuse their husbands.
Daily Bible Reading: Ecclesiastes 7,8,9; Ephesians 4



No comments: