Thursday, June 20, 2019

I Urge You, First Of All, To Pray For All People. Ask God To Help Them; Intercede On Their Behalf, And Give Thanks For Them.


I Urge You, First Of All, To Pray For All People.
Ask God To Help Them;
Intercede On Their Behalf, And Give Thanks For Them.
Scripture
1 Timothy 2
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 
2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.
3 This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.
Observation
Who are we praying for? It is certainly okay to pray for ourselves sometimes, but if that is the only person that we spend our time praying for then we have totally missed it. God wants to answer our prayers as we pray for the people that He has brought into our lives.
I remember what the Prophet Samuel said “As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you ...” 1 Samuel 12:23
Thanks to all of you who prayed with me for my friend Don Kennedy. He came through surgery well. Please continue to pray for his complete recovery!
Application

I will pray for those that God places on my heart. I know that He is working in their lives.

How about you? Who are you praying for?
Romans 1:9
God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News about his Son.”
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that there is nothing more important for me to do than to pray for those who You put on my heart. Help me not to get so distracted with my own stuff that I neglect praying for those that You want me to pray for. You are a good, good Father. You love to answer our prayers. All You want from us is for us to trust You and for think about others more than we think about ourselves. Help me to do that today.
Thank You for answering my prayer for my friend Don. Now help him to have a speedy recovery! And I pray for his total healing.
I pray for my daughter-in-law Dominique as she has our grand-baby today. Be with her and my son Eddie as they have baby Eden!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 4,5; Psalms 83; 1 Timothy 2



No comments: