Friday, June 28, 2019

I Have Fought The Good Fight, I Have Finished The Race, And I Have Remained Faithful.


I Have Fought The Good Fight,
I Have Finished The Race,
And I Have Remained Faithful.
Scripture
2 Timothy 4
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. 
8 And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.
Observation

The Apostle Paul described his life in 2 Timothy 2:4 in terms of a fight and a race. Today, if we were writing, we might put it in football terms, and say that we were in the fourth quarter and down to the final two-minute warning!
Life is flying by for all of us.
Can I describe my life the way the Apostle Paul described his?
Have I fought the good fight? Have I finished the race? Have I remained faithful? If you were not able to say yes, then now is a very good time to start!
Application

I am in a race and I need to finish well.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to finish well. Don't let me mess up. Keep me away from stupid sins that will cause me to get sidetracked and off course. I want You to be able to say to me, “Well done my good and faithful servant!” I pray for my friends. Help them to finish well too! Keep them on track. Don't let them mess up.
Daily Bible Reading: Amos 1,2,3; Psalms 80; 2 Timothy 4



No comments: