Saturday, June 15, 2019

We Also Pray That You Will Be Strengthened With All His Glorious Power So You Will Have All The Endurance And Patience You Need.


We Also Pray That You Will Be Strengthened
With All His Glorious Power So You Will Have
All The Endurance And Patience You Need.
Scripture
Colossians 1
11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy,
12 always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. 
13 For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son,
14 who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.
Observation
Are you at the end of your rope? Are you wanting to give up?
If that describes you and describes just how you feel today then tie a knot at the end of your rope and hang on! I am praying for you!
I am praying that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy!
Life is brutal. It is full of pain and suffering. God never intended for us to live life without him. The Bible or Bibles that we have in our house do us no good at all if we don't open them each day and spend time alone with God.
I also read in Kings and Chronicles today as part of my daily Bible reading. Those books give me a clear picture of what life is like when I neglect my relationship with the Lord and what life is like when I repent and turn back and put God first.
Drama, fighting, inner turmoil, defeat, hopelessness, sadness, and misery are a pretty accurate description of life when God is not the main focus of our lives.
Is life a mess? Are you at the end of your rope?
Hang on and look up!
Application
My joy comes from my relationship with the Lord. He will sustain me.
How about you?
Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
Philippians 4:4
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know that my heart is heavy with concern for those close to me who are living in turmoil. Drama, fighting, arguing, defeat, harsh words, and turmoil seem to dominate their lives. It breaks my heart. But I know that only You and a right relationship with You is the only thing that can change their situation.
I pray for those who are sick and who are feeling bad. Don't let them operate on feelings. Give them strength today to trust in You in spite of his or her illness. Help them to focus on relationships and not on themselves. You know that I know personally how hard it is to focus on others when you are hurting, but give them the strength to do just that.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 16; 2 Chronicles 15,16; Colossians 1



No comments: