Friday, January 26, 2018

Don't Be Afraid. Just Stand Still And Watch The Lord Rescue You Today.

Don't Be Afraid.
Just Stand Still
And Watch The Lord Rescue You Today.
Scripture
Exodus 14
13 But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. 14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”

Observation

Don't be afraid!

It is a phrase that runs throughout the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Over and over and over again God tells us not to be afraid.

Over and over and over again God tells us, “I've got this!”

He is trying to drive this truth deep into our hearts because it is a truth that we desperately need. We live in a crazy world, a world that seems to be dead set against us.

I don't know what battle you are fighting today, but here is what God's Word says, “Don't be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”

The very same God who parted the Red sea so His children could walk across on dry ground is the same God who will take care of you and He will also take care of me!

Application
I will look up and meditate on verses of scripture that tell me not to be afraid. How about you? Here are a few:
Isaiah 41:10
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 35:4
Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you.”
Romans 8:38
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have shown me in Your Word that You will take care of me and that You will take care of Your children. Help me to walk by faith and not be afraid. I pray for those going through very difficult times right now. Help them to put their faith and their trust in You and in all of Your promises. Help them to not be afraid. Give them strength today. Show them that You are in control. Show them that You will take care of them.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 14,15,16; Acts 2



No comments: