Thursday, January 18, 2018

I Don't Fear God Or Care About People, But This Woman Is Driving Me Crazy.

I Don't Fear God
Or Care About People,
But This Woman Is Driving Me Crazy.
Scripture
Luke 18
One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.

“There was a judge in a certain city,” he said, “who neither feared God nor cared about people. A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, saying, ‘Give me justice in this dispute with my enemy.’

The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, ‘I don’t fear God or care about people, 

but this woman is driving me crazy. I’m going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!’”

Then the Lord said, “Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 
I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”
Observation
I love this story! It encourages me.
It encourages me not to ever give up on what I am praying for.
The main point of this story is not that I should be persistent in prayer like the woman was before the judge, driving him crazy with her constant requests.
No, the important part of this story for me is found in verse 7 where Jesus says, “So don't you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night?”
I am chosen. God chose me and He adopted me as one of His very own children. So when I talk to Him I talk to Him as one of His children.
If you and I have been chosen by God then lets act like it and lets pray like it!
Application
I will pray with confidence and boldness and I will never give up. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I read these stories this morning in Your Word I am overwhelmed knowing that You love me and that you love me that much. For some reason, that is beyond my comprehension, You delight in me. You delight in every detail of my life. I know that when I pray to You that You hear me. And I know that You will answer me when I pray. It reminds me of Psalm 139:
Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!  
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.  You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.  How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 44,45,46; Luke 18



No comments: