Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Lord Is Close To The Brokenhearted;

The Lord
Is Close
To The Brokenhearted;
Scripture
Psalm 34
17 The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help.
    He rescues them from all their troubles.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
    he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
19 The righteous person faces many troubles,
    but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.
Observation

Maybe you are brokenhearted or you know someone who is. Are you are grieving the loss of a loved one, either by death, divorce, or separation?
You and I have a Heavenly Father who cares about us. He promises to be close to us when our hearts get broken.
And it seems like the older I get the more I see and experience more of life's troubles and more of life's brokenhearted'ness.
Life was so much easier when Kathy and I were 18 years old and first got married.
Now we have kids, grandkids, and we have so many wonderful friends and every time they hurt – we hurt.
Psalm 34 is a Psalm for all of us whose spirits have been crushed and whose hearts have been broken.
Application
I am praying for those who are brokenhearted right now. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for families that have just lost loved ones. Comfort them and give them strength. I know that You are close to them right now and I know that You will take care of them. I pray for those going through difficulties in their relationships. Help them to hold on to the promises found in Your Word. Give them the strength not to give up hope. You are the Mighty God. You care about us and want to help us. You are faithful even when we are not faithful. Great is Your faithfulness!
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 34,35,36; Luke 14 … I added Psalm 14, Psalm 34, Proverbs 14



No comments: