Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Love Prospers When A Fault Is Forgiven, But Dwelling On It Separates Close Friends.

Love
Prospers When A Fault Is Forgiven,
But Dwelling On It Separates Close Friends.
Scripture
Proverbs 17
9 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven,
    but dwelling on it separates close friends.
Observation
When we fight … and all “honest” healthy married couples fight or at least strongly argue … and when we do, it is easy for us to bring up past hurts and wrongs; it is easy for us to get “historical” when things get “hysterical”.
Blame shifting is as old as Adam and Eve. Do you remember how quickly they tried to shift the blame when they were caught eating the forbidden fruit?
Accepting the blame even if we don't believe we are wrong, offering forgiveness even when we are sure that we are the one who has been wronged, that my friend is the Biblical way for our love to prosper!
Letting go of past hurts and wrongs… though it is way easier said than done … is totally necessary in any relationship!
I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?
These are three short sentences that you and I better memorize and we better use a lot if we want any relationship to prosper.
Application
I will forgive and forgive and forgive. I will accept the blame for my sins and my short comings and I will not try to shift the blame on to someone else. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is easy for me to want to retaliate when someone treats me unfairly. To be honest there is something inside of me that makes me want to get even. But I also have Your Holy Spirit living inside of me and He is telling me to let it go and to forgive. Help me listen to Your Holy Spirit. Don't let me respond back in the flesh. I am forgiven. I need to forgive. I need to let go of and not hang on to any bad feelings that I may have for anyone. Help me not to blame anyone else for my short comings and my faults. Help me to be a person of integrity.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 42,43; Psalms 5; Luke 17; I added Psalm 17, Psalm 37, Proverbs 17



No comments: