Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Love Your Neighbor As Yourself

Love
Your Neighbor
As Yourself
Scripture
Luke 10
27 The man answered, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

28 “Right!” Jesus told him. “Do this and you will live!”
29 The man wanted to justify his actions, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
Observation

Who is my neighbor? -- That was the question that the religious leader asked Jesus and it is still a very good question for you and for me today.
In Jesus' story of the Good Samaritan Jesus shows us that our neighbor is anyone who is in need.
Jesus is telling us that we can't pick and choose who we are going to love.
The love that Jesus is talking about is not the emotional touchy – feely – mushy -- gooshy boy friend/girl friend kind of love.
No, the love that Jesus is talking about is God's kind of love. It is meeting my wife's needs kind of love. It is the God gave up His only Son for me kind of love.
It is the Jesus Christ dying on a cross for us kind of love. How are we doing at loving the people around us like that?
How are we doing at keeping God's two greatest commandments?
Application
I will look at everyone around me as my “neighbor”. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me pick and choose who I am going to love and who I am not going to love. Give me Your love for everyone around me. Show me today who needs my attention. Show me who needs a few extra minutes of my time. Help me to be Your hands and Your feet today to those around me. Help me to be a good neighbor.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 25,26; Psalms 6; Luke 10



No comments: