Saturday, January 20, 2018

Make Thankfulness Your Sacrifice To God

Make
Thankfulness
Your Sacrifice To God
Scripture
Psalm 50
14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
    and keep the vows you made to the Most High.
15 Then call on me when you are in trouble,
    and I will rescue you,
    and you will give me glory.”
23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. ...
Observation

Giving of our tithes and offerings, and going to church, those are important things for us to do, but if you and I really want to honor God and make Him happy then we must take time to thank Him.
It means so much to me when I get a thank you from one of my children, and I am sure that it does to you too.
God looks upon our taking time to give thanks to Him as the highest sacrifice that we can make.
Since God owns everything in this world, the possessions we give Him as an offering are actually already His.
But a thankful heart is 100% ours to give to Him … giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors God.
What are you thankful for?
Why not take time to give thanks to God right now. He is listening!
Application
I will thank my God today for all of His blessings. How about you?
...
Ephesians 5:20
And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Hebrews 12:28
Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.
Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.
Psalm 116:17
I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, nothing is more important than giving you thanks for all that You have done for me. Nothing is more important than that. I am so blessed. I am so thankful for all that You have done for me. I am so very grateful. I don't deserve anything and yet You have given me everything. I praise Your Wonderful Name!
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 49,50; Psalms 8; Luke 20 … I added Psalm 20, Psalm 50; Proverbs 20



No comments: