Saturday, January 13, 2018

If I Had Not Confessed The Sin In My Heart, The Lord Would Not Have Listened.

If I Had Not
Confessed The Sin In My Heart,
The Lord Would Not Have Listened.
Scripture
Psalm 66
18 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart,
    the Lord would not have listened.
Observation
God wants to bless you and He wants to bless me. In fact, He promises to bless us if we will do this one thing – confess our sins to Him as we commit them and turn from them.
You and I are both sinners. Our sin always separates us from God.
God wants to use us for His glory. He wants to use you and your life in a mighty way, but God cannot … God will not … even listen to us when we are living in sin.
Each and every time we sin we need to agree with God that we have sinned … and we need to turn away from that sin and turn back to God.
I have seen way too many men and women who were leaders in their churches mess up their lives and their ministries because they refused to run away from sin and back to God.
God wants to use us. He wants to use Your life.
He has called us – you and me – to live pure lives – lives set apart for Him.
Don't let any sin keep you from what God wants to do in and through your life.
1 John 1:9
9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Application
I know God loves me. I know that when I sin I need to immediately ask Him for forgiveness. I need to turn away from that sin and turn back to God.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, keep me from saying “yes” to sin. I want to live in a way that brings You honor and glory. I pray for my family and friends. Give them strength to walk close to You. Help them to say “no” to sin and “yes” to You. I know that You want to use us to show the rest of the world how to live. You want us to be light. And I know that to be Your light to this dark world I must not yield myself to the darkness that surrounds me. You tell me in Your Word, “Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify the Father which is in Heaven.” Matthew 5:16 Help me to stay away from sin.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 31,32,33; Luke 13; I added Psalm 13, Psalm 66; Proverbs 13



No comments: