Saturday, January 27, 2018

Now Repent Of Your Sins And Turn To God, So That Your Sins May Be Wiped Away.

Now Repent Of Your Sins
And Turn To God,
So That Your Sins May Be Wiped Away.
Scripture
Acts 3
19 Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. 
Observation

When I pick a verse like Acts 3:19 I know that very few people will take the time to read what I am getting ready to say about the verse. And that is okay, but if you do decide to read what I say about this verse it might just change your life.
After Peter preached and shared with the people about Jesus Christ he challenged them to repent of their sins and turn to God. Thousands of people did just that and God's hand of blessing was on them.
The number of believers grew to over 5,000!
This is what we read about them in Acts 4:33-35,
The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God’s great blessing was upon them all. There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need.”
The word “repent” is one of the most positive words in the English language. When we repent God blesses us, when we refuse to repent then God's hand of discipline and correction is on us! Just take time to read Acts 5 and you will see what I mean!
So repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away!
Application
I will confess and repent of my sins as I commit them. How about you? Blessing or curse?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that obedience is what You desire from me. I know that You want to bless me. I know that You want to walk with me through everything that happens to me in life. You want to lead and guide me. You want to bless me, but I know that is only possible as I stay away from sin. Sin keeps me away from You. Help me to repent every time I sin and help me to immediately turn back to You. Don't let me hang around in the sin.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 17,18,19,20; Acts 3



No comments: