Tuesday, January 30, 2018

There Were Rumblings Of Discontent

There
Were Rumblings
Of Discontent
Scripture
Acts 6
1 But as the believers rapidly multiplied, there were rumblings of discontent.
Observation

In Acts 6 the rumblings of discontent were evidently legitimate but in way too many cases it is just because we are not getting our way.
Whimpering and whining about this or complaining and griping about that seems to be what we do best!
If we are not careful it will be what we are known for and I don't know about you but I would rather be known for something else!
If you are reading the Bible through this year maybe you are reading in Exodus like I am. I am amazed at Moses and how much patience he had with the constant complaining of the people that he was trying to lead to the Promised Land.
It is easy to gripe and complain and cast blame.
It takes spiritual maturity to keep our mouths shut and not complain while at the same time we look for ways to fix the problem.
It took spiritual men, men full of the Holy Spirit, to take care of the problem in Acts 6.
Application
I need to be part of the solution to the problems I see and not a complainer.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for being so good to me and my family. We are blessed. I have nothing to complain about. And even though I have nothing to complain about I realize that I could easily start complaining over nothing! You have taken care of every single one of my needs. You answer my prayers. You are constantly working in my life and You are constantly at work in the lives of those who I am praying for. You are an Awesome God. Don't let me complain today. Don't let me even think about complaining. Help me to be content.

Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 25,26,27; Acts 6



No comments: