Thursday, January 04, 2018

Guard Your Heart Above All Else, For It Determines The Course Of Your Life.

Guard Your Heart
Above All Else,
For It Determines The Course Of Your Life.
Scripture
Proverbs 4
23 Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.
27 Don’t get sidetracked;
    keep your feet from following evil.
Observation

If you have watched the news over the last few days then you have seen all of the cars spinning around on the icy and snow covered roads crashing into the guardrails that are placed on those roads to protect those drivers.
Just as guardrails are placed on our highways to protect us from the danger on the other side, God has placed guardrails in our lives to keep us from certain danger and destruction.
God's commands that we read in His Word are not intended to hurt us or deprive us of anything; they are given to us so that we can enjoy life as God intended.
Those commands are God's guardrails, they are His umbrella of protection. They are guardrails to keep us from getting sidetracked and hurt by the dangerous “evil stuff” in life.
Satan wants us to ignore those guardrails, so he tempts us and entices us. Satan tempts and entices us trying to get us to ignore the guardrails because he wants to destroy us. Satan wants to destroy my relationships; he wants to destroy my marriage, my family, my ministry, and he wants to destroy your life too.
My friend, if we ignore the guardrails that God has placed in His Word to protect us ... then we will certainly crash and burn.
And we will not only hurt ourselves but we will hurt all of those around us too!
So lets guard our hearts above all else. Lets pay attention to and obey what God says to us in His Word.
Lets stay within the guardrails!
Application

I will guard God's Word in my heart so I don't sin against Him. How about you?

Prayer
.
Heavenly Father, help me not to take the bait when Satan comes with temptation. He knows my weak areas, but so do You. Keep me strong. Don't let me give in. I pray for those reading this blog today. Help them say no to sin and no to the temptations that come their way. Give them strength today to stay within the guardrails that You have given us in Your Word. Give me strength today to do the same!

Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 9,10,11; Luke 4; I added Psalm 4, Psalm 34; Proverbs 4 to my daily reading for today!




No comments: