Tuesday, January 23, 2018

We Are His Children, God Has Sent The Spirit Of His Son Into Our Hearts, Prompting Us To Call Out, “Abba, Father.”

We Are His Children,
God Has Sent The Spirit Of His Son Into Our Hearts,
Prompting Us To Call Out, “Abba, Father.”
Scripture
Galatians 4
6 And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.”
Observation

Abba = Daddy! Dad!

It is a name that any father on earth loves to hear and you and I, if we are followers of Jesus Christ, can address our Heavenly Father with that same kind of love and intimacy.

I have to admit that it is hard for me to say “Daddy” or “Dad” when I come to God in prayer, but He has given me that privilege.

He has told us that we can talk to Him with that kind of intimacy because we have been adopted into His family!

Pretty awesome when you take time to actually think about it … the Creator of this entire Universe … the Creator of everything … wants me to call Him Daddy and He has adopted me into His family making me an heir to all that He has!

I am so rich! And so are you if you are a King's kid!

Lets act like we belong to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!
Application
As I pray to my Heavenly Father/Dad today I pray with the confidence of knowing that I am one of His kids and He loves me with His unconditional love.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You paid a high price for me. I know that I am part of Your family and because of that I can come to You with confidence and I can address You as Dad. I know that all that You have also belongs to me. I am an heir. I am a King's kid. I don't deserve it, but thank You for allowing me to be a part of Your family. Help me to live like I belong to You.

Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 6,7,8; Luke 23; ... I added Psalm 23, Psalm 123; Proverbs 23; Galatians 4



No comments: