Monday, January 01, 2018

In The Beginning God

In
The Beginning
God
Scripture
Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Observation

Today, I once again start the adventure of reading the Bible through in 2018! It never grows old for me!
Maybe like me you have made the commitment to read the Bible through in 2018.
If you have made that decision may I suggest that you use a Bible reading plan rather than just starting with Genesis and reading straight through until you get to Revelation.
I use Pastor Wayne Cordeiro's reading plan. I have been using it since 2006, but there are plenty more reading plans at Biblegateway dot com to choose from.
Maybe you need a fresh start? Maybe your marriage needs a fresh start?
Everyday as you and I get up in the morning, we have the opportunity to start over with God.
It is never too late to turn back to God and begin living for Him again.
It is never too late!
Lamentations 3:21-23

Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness;  his mercies begin afresh each morning.
Application
I look forward to digging into God's Word in 2018! How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I start out this New Year I do it with the confidence of knowing that You are guiding my steps. You are directing my path. Keep me on the right path. Don't let me get sidetracked with sin. Help my focus be on You and the people around me and not on myself. I begin this year praying for miracles that still need to happen in the lives of those in my family, some of them need physical healing, others need fractured relationships mended, and still others need victory over an addiction that has enslaved them. Thank You for working in each one of their lives. Thank You for hearing my prayers for them. You are a Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 1,2; Luke 1



No comments: