Thursday, January 25, 2018

As For My Companion, He Betrayed His Friends; He Broke His Promises.

As For My Companion,
He Betrayed His Friends;
He Broke His Promises.
Scripture
Psalm 55
16 But I will call on God,
    and the Lord will rescue me.

17 Morning, noon, and night
    I cry out in my distress,
    and the Lord hears my voice.

18 He ransoms me and keeps me safe
    from the battle waged against me,
    though many still oppose me.

19 God, who has ruled forever,
    will hear me and humble them. Interlude
For my enemies refuse to change their ways;
    they do not fear God.
20 As for my companion, he betrayed his friends;
    he broke his promises.
21 His words are as smooth as butter,
    but in his heart is war.
His words are as soothing as lotion,
    but underneath are daggers!
22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
23 But you, O God, will send the wicked
    down to the pit of destruction.
Murderers and liars will die young,
    but I am trusting you to save me.

Observation
Betrayal is a cruel, terrible, devastating thing!
Here in Psalm 55 King David talks about being betrayed by his best friend.
Maybe you have been betrayed by your best friend. Maybe the best friend who has betrayed you is your spouse.
Maybe it is the very same person who promised before God to love, cherish and protect you has now turned against you and is now breaking his or her promises that they made to you and the promises that they made to God … especially breaking the promise to love you unconditionally.
If you have recently been betrayed and deeply hurt by someone you love let me suggest that you do what King David did in Psalm 55.
And remember this: Someone who breaks his or her promises and betrays their best friend(s) will find themselves in a very dangerous place!
The Bible says that God will deal harshly with them! God will get revenge.
So pray and ask God to change his or her heart!
Psalm 55:22-23
Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. But you, O God, will send the wicked down to the pit of destruction. Murderers and liars will die young, but I am trusting you to save me.”
Romans 12:19
Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:6
Never harm or cheat a fellow believer in this matter by violating his wife, for the Lord avenges all such sins, as we have solemnly warned you before.
Application

I will continue to pray for God to heal broken relationships. I will not give up. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I have asked You to break my heart with what breaks Yours. Well my heart is broken. I don't understand people like You understand them.. Why is it so hard for people to love each other unconditionally? My heart breaks for people that can't see what they are doing to themselves, to the ones that are closest to them, to those who they were leading spiritually, or to the ministry that you had called them to, when they break their wedding vows. Open up their eyes so that they can see what the future will be like if they continue down this road and what it will be like if they don't turn back to you and turn back to the one that they made so many promises to.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 12,13; Psalms 21; Acts 1; ... I added Psalm 25, Psalm 55; Proverbs 25



No comments: