Wednesday, January 03, 2018

He Walked In Close Fellowship With God.

He
Walked
In Close Fellowship With God.
Scripture
Genesis 6
But Noah found favor with the Lord.

This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person living on earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God. 
10 Noah was the father of three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Observation
If God were going to destroy every living creature on Earth like He did in the days of Noah would He pick you or me to build an Ark like He did with Noah?
He is not going to do that again, but if He did are we living in close enough fellowship with Him to get picked for the job!
God wants to use us for His glory. He wants to use us to point people to Jesus, but He can't use us if we are living in sin and out of fellowship with Him.
Someone way smarter than me once said, Sin will take us farther than we want to go, keep us longer than we want to stay, and cost us more than we want to pay. –”
But Noah found favor with the Lord.”
But _______ found favor with the Lord!
Can we place our name in the blank because we are living in close fellowship with the Lord?
Application

I will try to live out this day in a way that makes God smile. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I read about Noah, David, Job, Abraham, and other great men of the Bible I realize that You have called me to live my life in the same way as You called them to live theirs. I am to honor You by the way I live. I am to bring You glory and honor. I am to stay away from things that dishonor You. Give me the strength today to make right choices. Help me to make decisions that honor You. Keep me away from stupid sins. 
I pray for those who have decided to live for themselves and gratify sinful desires. Rescue them Lord. Save them from destruction. I also pray for those who need healing. Give them strength today. Heal their bodies. I want You to be able to find favor with me today just like You did with Noah.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 6,7,8; Luke 3



No comments: