Monday, January 29, 2018

Honor The Lord

Honor
The
Lord
Scripture
Psalm 29
1 Honor the Lord, you heavenly beings;
    honor the Lord for his glory and strength.

2 Honor the Lord for the glory of his name.
    Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.
Observation
There are so many choices in life!
Some of the choices we are offered in life are clearly wrong and we are warned over and over again in the Bible not to make them; for example the 10 commandments!
Other choices we face might not be as clear as the Big Ten and so for all of those other choices let me suggest a way for us to know if it is the right choice or not.
Are you ready?
Here it is: Is what I am doing or what I am getting ready to do going to bring honor to the Lord?
Will this bring Him glory and honor?
Will it make Him Smile?
Exodus 20:12
Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”
Psalm 86:11
Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you.
Proverbs 3:9
Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.
Daniel 5:23b
But you have not honored the God who gives you the breath of life and controls your destiny!
Application
I will honor God by the choices that I make today. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, honor and glory are the two things that You desire from my life. Help me to live out today in a way that brings You both of those things. Keep me away from stupid sins that mess up my relationship with You and that will mess up my relationship with those around me. I want to make You smile. Help me to please You today.
I ask the same thing for any person that may be reading this blog today. Lord, help them to make choices that bring You honor and glory. Keep us from making choices that grieve Your Holy Spirit.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 23,24; Psalms 14; Acts 5 … I added Psalm 29, Psalm 59, Psalm 129; Proverbs 29



No comments: