Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Don't Excuse Yourself By Saying, “Look, We Didn't Know.” For God Understands All Hearts, And He Sees You. He Who Guards Your Soul Knows You Knew.

Don't Excuse Yourself By Saying, “Look, We Didn't Know.”
For God Understands All Hearts, And He Sees You.
He Who Guards Your Soul Knows You Knew.
Scripture
Proverbs 24
12 Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.”
    For God understands all hearts, and he sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
    He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Observation

I guess you can see that I read a Proverb almost everyday. When I read my daily Bible reading and nothing jumps out at me for me to write about I will always go to Psalms and Proverbs.
I will usually take the Psalm which corresponds to the date of the month, like Psalm 24 for today, then I will add either 30 or 100 to today's date 24 and so today I also read Psalm 54. And I will read the Proverb that corresponds to today's date and so today I read Proverbs 24.
So this is my thought about Proverbs 24:12:
Many times we make excuses when we sin. We either try to say, “Look, we didn't know”, or we will try to blame someone else for our sin.
Trying to plead ignorance is not going to work and neither is trying to put the blame on our spouse or someone else.
Let's put on our big boy pants on and admit to God and to everyone else when we mess up. … He who guards our soul knows we knew!
Application
I know that God sees everything that I do. I know that He knows. I will confess my sins to God as I commit them and I will not make excuses for them or blame someone else. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You see everything that I do. I know that when I sin it makes You sad. I realize that You love me way too much to let me get by with sin that is not confessed. Make me miserable every time that I sin. Bring conviction to my soul. Don't ever let me try to blame someone else for what I do wrong. Help me to walk in obedience and walk in a way that pleases You.

I pray for my friend Don Kennedy today as he has surgery. Guide the surgeon's hands. I pray for a quick recovery with no setbacks. Give his wife Edith and his girls Your peace that passes all understanding as they trust in You.

Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 9,10,11; Luke 24 … I added Psalm 24, Psalm 54; Proverbs 24



No comments: