Friday, January 05, 2018

But If You Say So …

But If
You
Say So …
Scripture
Luke 5
4 When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish.”
5 “Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.” 6 And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear! 
7 A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.
8 When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me—I’m such a sinful man.”
 9 For he was awestruck by the number of fish they had caught, as were the others with him. 10 His partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed.
Observation

In the stories that we read today in our daily Bible reading both in Genesis (the story about Abram and his wife Sarai) and in Luke (the story of Peter and the miraculous catch of fish) God drives home this point to me: God always rewards our obedience!
Simon Peter was a fisherman, and what Jesus was asking Peter as a fisherman to do was seemingly ridiculous, (this kind of net fishing was only successful when done at night) but Simon Peter was obedient to Jesus' command and because of his obedience Peter didn't miss the blessing!
Simon Peter instantly realized that the catch was miraculous … he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me – I'm such a sinful man.”
You and I are sinners too just like Simon Peter, but if we will walk in obedience and obey what He says in His Word then God will do miraculous things in our lives too!
So lets turn from sin and self and lets turn to God right now and walk in obedience!
Luke 11:28
But Jesus said, “No, blessed are those who hear the teaching of God and obey it.”
Application
I will walk in obedience today. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to walk in obedience today. I want to see You work miracles in my life and in the lives of those who I am praying for. Thank You for showing me again in Your Word that You are a rewarder of those who diligently seek You. Help anyone that may be reading this blog to walk in obedience. Help them to say, “no” to sin and help them to say “yes” to You. Help me to do the same! You are a Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You.
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 12,13,14; Luke 5



No comments: