Saturday, January 06, 2018

What You Say Flows From What Is In Your Heart.

What You Say
Flows
From What Is In Your Heart.
Scripture
Luke 6
43 “A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. 
44 A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. 
45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart.
What you say flows from what is in your heart.
Observation
Do you want to know what a person is really like? Just listen carefully to what they say! How do they talk about people? What do they usually talk about?
Have you heard someone try to defend someone else by saying, “Oh, he or she didn't really mean that”, or “I know He or she said that but they are not really like that”. Bologna! Oh yes they are! What comes out of my mouth always flows from what is in my heart! Always!
Even as a Christian I can let my old nature rise up and take control of my life, and when it does I have been shocked and ashamed at how mean and how vicious Eddy Williams' mouth can be! Kathy can vouch for what I just said!
But my friend -- you do the same thing; your mouth can be just as hurtful and just as ugly when you are not walking in the Spirit, when you are not walking in close fellowship with the Lord.
So lets take inventory of what is coming out of our mouths: Is it helpful? Does it build up or tear down the person that I am talking to or that I am talking about?
Because of my hurtful words or because of the mean tone of my voice, do I need to say to someone or to several someones, “I am sorry”, “Please forgive me”. “I love you”.
Confess first to the Lord and then to the person or persons that we have hurt!
Jeremiah 17:9
The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
    and desperately wicked.
    Who really knows how bad it is?

Proverbs 4:23
Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Application
I will guard my heart and I will listen and pay attention to what words are coming out of my mouth and how they are being said!
Philippians 4:8
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to say things that help the people around me. I want to say things that will build them up and edify them and not tear them down or hurt them. Help me to guard my heart so that my thoughts and my words are pleasing to You.
I pray for those today who are facing sickness. I pray that You heal them. Give them strength. I pray for those who need to turn back to You and get things right with the people that love them. Help them to do that today! I pray for Your direction in my life. Guide me today. Show me what I need to be doing and then help make sure that I do it.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 15,16,17; Luke 6



No comments: