Tuesday, January 02, 2018

It Was The Woman Who Gave Me The Fruit, And I Ate It.

It Was The Woman
Who Gave Me The Fruit,
And I Ate It.
Scripture
Genesis 3
9 Then the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
10 He replied, “I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked.”
11 “Who told you that you were naked?” the Lord God asked. “Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?”
12 The man replied, “It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it.”
13 Then the Lord God asked the woman, “What have you done?”
The serpent deceived me,” she replied. “That’s why I ate it.”
Observation

When God confronted Adam, asking Adam why he ate the forbidden fruit, his answer to God for his bad behavior was, “it was the woman You gave me who gave me the fruit...”

Adam was throwing his wife Eve under the bus before there was even a bus!

I am guilty of doing the same thing and so are you … it is called blame-shifting!

I overdosed … I got drunk … I committed adultery … I lied … I cheated … but it was the spouse You gave me God, he or she made me do it!

No my friend, you and I are responsible for our own sins.

Blame-shifting might make me and you feel better for a moment, but it doesn't solve our sin problem.

We must admit our sin, and own up to it.

Practicing integrity means that my behavior must match my beliefs. Lets be men and women of integrity.

No blame-shifting in 2018!
Application
I will not blame my sin or my sinful behavior on Kathy or anyone else. I will confess my sins as I do them. … How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, it is way too easy for me to blame someone else or something else when I sin against You. Don't let me do it. Every time I sin I want You to bring strong conviction. Don't let me blame someone else. Help me to confess my sins when I do them. Help me to live a godly life, a life that brings You honor and glory! Give anyone that may be reading this blog the strength to do the same. Help them to live a life of integrity.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 3,4,5; Luke 2



No comments: