Monday, January 22, 2018

Lord, Please! Send Anyone Else.

Lord,
Please!
Send Anyone Else.
Scripture
Exodus 4
10 But Moses pleaded with the Lord, “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.”

11 Then the Lord asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the Lord? 
12 Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.”
13 But Moses again pleaded, “Lord, please! Send anyone else.”
Observation

Why me Lord? Can't you send someone else? I think that every pastor has felt the way that Moses felt that day when God told Moses to go speak to Pharaoh and deliver the Hebrew children out of bondage and slavery and lead them out of Egypt.
It is rough being a pastor, even one that is not full-time anymore. I have several people mad and upset with me right now.
Why? Because I tried to help them and give them what I thought was godly counsel. It offended them.
They are now not talking to me. Well God has called me to be a pastor – a shepherd ... when I see someone going in the wrong direction I have to try to give them godly counsel.
If I didn't at least try to do that it would be like Moses refusing to go back to Egypt.
And I can tell you this, whether you are talking to me right now or not … I am still praying for you. I am asking God to bring you back to where you belong.
I want you walking in a close relationship with the Lord and making Him smile.
And I want you far away from the sin that has tripped you up!
I love you, and I am not judging you!
If people are warning you … maybe you are in a dangerous place … so take it as a helpful warning not judgment and get yourself back where you belong.
Application
I will never stop urging people to live godly lives and to stay away from sin. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I don't know if every pastor feels like I do, but I want my heart to break with whatever breaks Your heart. Don't ever let me grow insensitive to the people around me. I pray for anyone that may read this blog today. I pray that they would hear Your voice and be obedient to You. Help me to walk in a way that my life is an example to those around me and not a stumbling block. Don't ever allow me to have a judgmental attitude towards anyone who is struggling with any sin. Always remind me Lord that I am a sinner and that I am capable of doing the very same thing that I see them doing.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 3,4,5; Luke 22




No comments: