Monday, January 15, 2018

There Is Joy In The Presence Of God's Angels When Even One Sinner Repents

There Is Joy
In The Presence Of God's Angels
When Even One Sinner Repents
Scripture
Luke 15
10 In the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels when even one sinner repents.”
Observation

Repentance, whether you are a lost person or if you are a believer in Jesus Christ – always makes God smile and His Angels rejoice!

If you have taken the bait, if you have yielded to some enticing temptation and you are now living in sin, trust me it does not go unnoticed.

Fellow believers will try to talk to you and plead for you to return back to a right relationship with God and God Himself will make sure that you are miserable.

His Holy Spirit lives inside of us and He has stern warnings about how we treat His temple – which is our body!
The Good News is that you can turn from that sin and turn back to God and when you do the Angels in Heaven will throw a party.

An unrepentant Christ follower is a total contradiction to the message of the Gospel.

Luke 15's description of the younger son's condition when he is out slopping the hogs is a very good description of a believer who has decided to live in sin.

God expects us to repent and turn away from sin and back to Him.

Application
I will never give up on my friends and the people that I love. I will continue to ask them to repent and turn back to God. I would hope that they would do the same thing for me.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, as Your children we have the opportunity to make You Smile or make You sad. We can actually grieve Your Holy Spirit that lives within us. I know that I am capable of yielding to sin just like anyone else is. You tell us in Your Word that we should try to help a Christian brother or sister when they are tricked into yielding to sin. We are to urge them to come back to You. Help me to have the courage and the boldness to do that with a humble heart. I know that I could be right where they are. I am a sinner just like they are.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 37,38; Psalms 7; Luke 15



No comments: