Friday, January 12, 2018

I Tell You Not To Worry About Everyday Life –

I Tell You
Not To Worry
About Everyday Life –
Scripture
Luke 12
22 Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear.
23 For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. 24 Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! 
25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 26 And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?
27 “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.
28 And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

29 “And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things.30 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. 
31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.
32 “So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.
Observation
The secret to living an abundant life, a life free of worry, is found in verse 31 of Luke 12, “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else ...”
If you and I will just do that then God promises to give us everything that we need! What are some needs in my life and your life right now?
What is causing us to worry? Lets put God first and He will take care of those needs! All of my worrying and all of your worrying can't add a single moment to our lives … it doesn't help us one bit!
The Apostle Paul reminds us of this same truth about “worry” when he wrote these great verses in Philippians 4:6-7,
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
So don't be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.”
Application
I will not worry. I will pray about everything. I will share with God my needs and I will thank Him for all that He has done. I will put God first in my life. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You delight in every detail of my life. I know that You want to take care of every need of my life and I know that You will do that if I will just keep You number One in my life. Don't let me waste my time worrying about things when I could be praying. Remind me every time that I begin to worry about something to talk to You about it instead of worrying about it. I know that I am valuable to You. You have bought me at a very high price. I have been blood bought – help me to live like You are my Heavenly Father!
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 29,30; Luke 12



No comments: