Friday, January 19, 2018

Only The Lord Can Give You An Understanding Wife

Only The
Lord
Can Give You An Understanding Wife
Scripture
Proverbs 19 (NLT)
13 A foolish child is a calamity to a father;
    a quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping.
14 Fathers can give their sons an inheritance of houses and wealth,
    but only the Lord can give an understanding wife.
Proverbs 19 (HCSB)
13 A foolish son is his father’s ruin,
and a wife’s nagging is an endless dripping.
14 A house and wealth are inherited from fathers,
but a sensible wife is from the Lord.
Observation

God is a Big Gift Giver. He is the Biggest and Best Gift Giver!

He wants to gift everyone of us with Eternal Life. He sent His Son Jesus Christ to this Earth to sacrifice His life on a cross to pay the price for that Gift. It is an offer to each and everyone of us and it is up to us to receive His Gift.

He also gifts us with a spouse, at least from what we read in Proverbs 19:14 we know that He can gift a guy an understanding wife.

And I know from personal experience that this verse is very true. God gave me a great gift 48 years ago when He gave me Kathy to be my wife!
It looks like to me from verses 13&14 that a wife can be either quarrelsome or understanding.

And men, before we enjoy these verses too much, we need to realize that we can be either quarrelsome or understanding with our spouse too!

The real warning to us men is found in verse 13 where Solomon warns us that a foolish ... a stupid son destroys his father.

Application
I will treat my wife like she is a gift from God because that is exactly what she is. How about you? How are you treating your spouse? Don't have a spouse then how are you treating those closest to you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me be a quarrelsome husband. Give me an understanding heart. Thank You for giving me my spouse. She is the best gift that You could have ever given me. You helped me to marry way over my head. I pray for couples that are struggling in their relationship with each other. Help each one of them to be understanding. Help me not to nag at Kathy. Show me how to build her up and show me how to help her to be all that You want her to be.
Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 47,48; Psalms 10; I added Luke 19; Psalm 19, Psalm 139; Proverbs 19



No comments: