Thursday, August 29, 2019

But Since You Are Like Lukewarm Water, Neither Hot Nor Cold, I Will Spit You Out Of My Mouth!


But Since You Are Like Lukewarm Water,
Neither Hot Nor Cold,
I Will Spit You Out Of My Mouth!
Scripture
Revelation 3
15 “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! 
16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! 
20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.
Observation
As you and I read the Bible we come across plenty of warnings about how not to live. Ezekiel and Revelation both give us plenty of warnings!
When I read Ezekiel and Revelation and especially Revelation 3:15-16 I take them as a warning that I am not to live the Christian life in a halfway fashion.
This passage is telling me, that Eddy can't straddle the fence, trying to be in the world and also trying to live the Christian life. No, God wants me sold out to Him 100%! Oh … and … He wants 100% of you too!
I love Revelation 3:20 because it shows me that Jesus wants me to open up my heart to Him and He desires to have an intimate relationship with me.
Application
He wants to fellowship with me as my best friend. And He can't do that if I am going to settle for being a lukewarm Christian!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for helping me yesterday. When I prayed You heard my prayer and You answered me. Thank You for helping me. As I read Ezekiel and Revelation it is obvious to me that You want me to walk close to You. You don't want me to settle for anything less than You. Nothing in this world can meet the deep needs of my life as You can. Don't let me settle for less. Don't let me live my life in a halfway, lukewarm fashion. I want to always be 100% sold out to You.
This is also my prayer for any person that may read this blog today. Help them to be 100% committed to You!
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 4,5,6,7; Revelation 3



No comments: