Monday, August 26, 2019

I Could Have No Greater Joy Than To Hear That My Children Are Following The Truth.


I Could Have No Greater Joy
Than To Hear That My Children
Are Following The Truth.
Scripture
3 John
4 I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth.
Observation
When the Apostle John penned this letter he was older just like I am. (Notice that I didn't say “old”!) I certainly echo John's sentiments in what he says in 3 John verse four because there is no greater joy for Kathy and I than to hear that our children (both biological and spiritual) are following the truth.
When we see young people at our church or within our family, both couples and singles, growing in the Lord, there is nothing that gives us greater joy. We watch them as they make spiritual strides, spiritual commitments, and it makes us smile. We are so very proud of them!
I hope that you are one of the ones that are putting a smile on our faces by the way you are living. But even more important than making us smile and bringing us joy, is the fact that if you are growing in your relationship with the Lord and you are making Him smile. And nothing is more important than that!
Application
Kathy and I will continue investing our lives in the people that God sends our way.
We will never give up!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for those that You have brought into our lives. We feel responsible for them. Show us how to help them grow spiritually. We want them to become strong in their faith. We want You to use them in a mighty way in Your kingdom. Help them grow, Lord. Help them to grow. There is no greater joy than to see them following the truth.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 50,51; 3 John



No comments: