Wednesday, August 07, 2019

“Yes, Lord, I Believe!” The Man Said. And He Worshiped Jesus.


Yes, Lord, I Believe!”
The Man Said.
And He Worshiped Jesus.
Scripture
John 9
35 When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and asked, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”

36 The man answered, “Who is he, sir? I want to believe in him.”
37 “You have seen him,” Jesus said, “and he is speaking to you!”
38 “Yes, Lord, I believe!” the man said. And he worshiped Jesus.
39 Then Jesus told him, “I entered this world to render judgment—to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were standing nearby heard him and asked, “Are you saying we’re blind?”
41 “If you were blind, you wouldn’t be guilty,” Jesus replied. “But you remain guilty because you claim you can see.
Observation

Are you guilty? Are you guilty of unbelief?

This man was blind from birth and Jesus healed him. The Pharisees refused to believe even when it was obvious that what had happened to this man was miraculous – he could now see and yet they were still spiritually blind.

God is at work doing the miraculous all around us today. Do we see His hand in the things that are happening all around us, or are we spiritually blind?
Let's look around today and think about everything that is going on around us.
Let's look for God's hand in every detail of our lives.
Psalm 37:23
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
Psalm 139
17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
    They cannot be numbered!

18 I can’t even count them;
    they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
    you are still with me!
Ephesians 3:20
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
Application
I will keep my spiritual eyes open so I can see God's hand in everything that happens around me today.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that there is no such thing as coincidence, at least when it comes to things that happen in my life. I know that You are directing my life. And I know that You are constantly at work all around me. Show me where You are working. Don't let me miss an opportunity to join You.
I pray for anyone reading this blog today. Encourage them today, Lord.
I pray for my granddaughter Tori and her family as they grieve the loss of Tori's grandfather. Comfort them, Lord. Show them your love, your power, and your strength during this difficult time.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 

4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 
Daily Bible Reading: Zephaniah 1,2,3; John 9



No comments: