Monday, August 19, 2019

As For You, Follow Me.


As For
You,
Follow Me.
Scripture
John 21
21 Peter asked Jesus, “What about him, Lord?”

22 Jesus replied, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.”
Observation
It is so easy for us to look at others and think or say, as Simon Peter did, “What about them?” But God's calling is on my life. And I hope that God's calling is on your life too. And if that is the case then it doesn't matter what everybody else is doing or not doing.
You and I are to serve an Audience of One – Jesus Christ!
How are we doing, that is the million-dollar question! I know that one day I will stand before Jesus Christ and I will have to give an account for how I lived this life. And so will you.
Application
I don't know about you, but it is my desire to make Jesus smile by the way I live out my life. It is my goal to finish well.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know how easy it is for me to look at others and compare myself with those around me. Don't let me do that. Help me to keep my eyes fixed on You and what You have called me to do. Don't let me make excuses. There is no excuse for not following You with 100% commitment. Put on my heart what is important. Don't let me miss a thing this week that You want me to do.
And I pray for any person reading this blog today. Help them to do the same!
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 45,46,47; Psalms 105; John 21



No comments: