Thursday, August 15, 2019

I Am Praying Not Only For These Disciples But Also For All Who Will Ever Believe In Me Through Their Message.


I Am Praying Not Only For These Disciples
But Also For All Who Will
Ever Believe In Me Through Their Message.
Scripture
John 17
20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 

21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
Observation
John 17 is the Lord's prayer for us. In Matthew 6 and Luke 11, Jesus gives us an example of how we should pray, but in John 17 Jesus is actually praying for us.
And Jesus is continuing to pray for us right now!
Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.
And Jesus has given us the job of interceding for other people. Who are you praying for?
Matthew 5:44
But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!
Romans 1:9
God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News about his Son.
2 Corinthians 1:11
And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety.
Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly,
Philippians 1:4
Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy,
Colossians 1:3
We always pray for you, and we give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 3:10
Night and day we pray earnestly for you, asking God to let us see you again to fill the gaps in your faith.
1 Thessalonians 5:25
25 Dear brothers and sisters, pray for us.
Application
I will continue to pray for those that God places on my heart. I will never give up.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that you have given me the task of praying for those around me. I know that You want me to be more concerned for them and their needs than I am about my own. As I pray for others and their needs I know that You will take care of me and my needs. So help me keep my focus on those around me today and off of myself.
Matthew 6
9 Pray like this:
Our Father in heaven,
    may your name be kept holy.
10 May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
    as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today the food we need,
12 and forgive us our sins,
    as we have forgiven those who sin against us.
13 And don’t let us yield to temptation,
    but rescue us from the evil one.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 18,19,20; Psalms 93; John 17



No comments: