Thursday, August 08, 2019

I Am The Good Shepherd; I Know My Own Sheep, And They Know Me


I Am The Good Shepherd;
I Know My Own Sheep,
And They Know Me
Scripture
John 10
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.
14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, 

15 just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.

28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 

29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 

30 The Father and I are one.”

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.

Observation
The people that Jesus was speaking in John 10 immediately made the connection that Jesus was claiming to be God. He was letting everyone know that He is the Good Shepherd.
The people's response to His claim of being the Good Shepherd was, “We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God.”
Psalm 23 must have immediately come to their minds as Jesus talked about being the Good Shepherd!
I don't know about you but I love John 10 and Psalm 23!
Even though we don't have shepherds taking care of sheep like they did then and like they still have in other countries I think we can all understand and grasp the word picture of a good shepherd taking care of his sheep.
Application
Because the Lord is my Shepherd I have everything that I need.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me the privilege of being one of Your sheep. You are the Good Shepherd. I have everything I need. I am blessed. Thank You for taking care of me. Even when I do stupid things that put me in harm's way You protect me. You are full of mercy and grace.
Help me today to be Your witness. Give me boldness to share my faith. Don't let me miss an opportunity!
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 1,2; John 10



No comments: