Tuesday, August 13, 2019

When I Discovered Your Words, I Devoured Them. They Are My Joy And My Heart's Delight.


When I Discovered Your Words,
I Devoured Them.
They Are My Joy And My Heart's Delight.
Scripture
Jeremiah 15
16 When I discovered your words, I devoured them.
    They are my joy and my heart’s delight,
for I bear your name,
    O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies.

Observation
What was the secret to the Prophet Jeremiah's life? Why was he so faithful to the Lord when it seemed that no one else was? I think the secret to Jeremiah's success can be found in Jeremiah 15:16 – He loved God's word. He didn't just read God's words, he devoured them! Don't kid yourself, don't think that you can live the Christian life without spending time in God's Word every day.
Do whatever it takes to develop the good habit of spending time with Jesus in His Word every single day. If you need to get up earlier then get up earlier. If you need to go to bed earlier to get up earlier – do it! Don't look at social media or the television until you have spent time reading your Bible. Your spiritual life depends on it!
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.” John 1:1,14
We proclaim to you the one who existed from the beginning, whom we have heard and seen. We saw him with our own eyes and touched him with our own hands. He is the Word of life.” 1 John 1:1
Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.” Joshua 1:8
Application
I will adjust my schedule to make sure that I have time to read God's Word.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for what I read today in Your Word. Jeremiah 15 and John 15 both let me know that without being close to You that my life is worth nothing. Help me to spend time with You every day in Your Word. Thanks for waking me up early this morning and helping me get out of bed so I could read Your Word. I know that it is what You want me to do.
Help any person reading this blog today to dig into their Bible. Help them develop the good habit of spending time with You every day. Give them success!
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 13,14,15; John 15



No comments: