Saturday, August 10, 2019

Put Your Trust In The Light While There Is Still Time ... John 12


Put Your Trust
In The Light
While There Is Still Time
Scripture
John 12
35 Jesus replied, “My light will shine for you just a little longer. Walk in the light while you can, so the darkness will not overtake you. Those who walk in the darkness cannot see where they are going.

36 Put your trust in the light while there is still time; then you will become children of the light.”

44 Jesus shouted to the crowds, “If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. 

45 For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. 

46 I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.

Observation

All of us tend to live like we are going to outsmart death and live forever, but the truth is none of us know if today will be our last day on planet earth.

Tragic events, like mass shootings at neighborhood Walmarts, are now daily occurrences in our country, but in our minds, we think that those events are far away from us.

Even though we don't like to admit it, you and I are not invincible.

One day, even though we don't like to talk about it, we are going to die.

Jesus said in John 8:12, “I am the light of the world.” And in John 12:36 he said, “Put your trust in the light while there is still time.”

Jesus had just raised Lazarus from the dead in John 11. Lazarus had been dead for four days when Jesus brought him back from the dead. He was smelly dead! It was totally miraculous! We find in John 12 that many people, because of this miracle, placed their faith in Jesus. But there were others in the crowd who not only wanted to kill Jesus, but also wanted to kill Lazarus rather than placing their trust in the Light!

Application
I will walk in the Light!
How about you? Have you put your trust in the Light? Or are you still walking in darkness?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I do not live in fear, but I do live knowing that today could be my last day on planet earth. Help me to walk in the Light. Don't let me step away from the light and get involved in the darkness. Keep me away from stupid sins that mess up my relationship with You and those around me.
I pray for those who are trying to read Your Word every day. Give them victory, Lord. Help them to be successful. Help them develop the good habit of spending time each day with You in Your Word.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 5,6; John 12



No comments: