Wednesday, August 14, 2019

I Have Told You All This So That You May Have Peace In Me. Here On Earth You Will Have Many Trials And Sorrows. But Take Heart, Because I Have Overcome The World.


I Have Told You All This So That You May Have Peace In Me.
Here On Earth You Will Have Many Trials And Sorrows.
But Take Heart, Because I Have Overcome The World.
Scripture
John 16:33
33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
Observation
Proof that having riches and proof that even being one of the richest men on earth doesn't bring peace should be obvious to all of us with the apparent suicide death this week of billionaire Jeffrey Epstein.
No Jesus, no peace. Know Jesus, know peace!
I don't know if you have memorized very many verses, but John 16:33 is one verse that you definitely need to memorize.
Trouble, hardship, and difficulties are coming your way. They are heading my way too! Jesus tells us right up front that this is part of life.
His promise to me and His promise to you is that we can have peace right in the middle of the storm if we are trusting in Him.
Do you know Him? Trust Him!
John 14:27
I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
Philippians 4:6-8
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 

Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Application
I will trust in the Lord when the world around me seems out of control.
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to always remember that my life is in Your hands. Help me to pray about everything and not worry about anything. I want Your peace which exceeds anything that I can understand. And I know that it comes from trusting in You.
I pray for those who are sick. Help them to trust You. Help them to rely on all of Your promises that You have given us in Your Word. Give them peace.
Ephesians 1:2
May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 16,17; Psalms 96; John 16



No comments: