Friday, August 30, 2019

You Are Worthy, O Lord Our God, To Receive Glory And Honor And Power.


You Are Worthy,
O Lord Our God,
To Receive Glory And Honor And Power.
Scripture
Revelation 4
11 “You are worthy, O Lord our God,
    to receive glory and honor and power.
For you created all things,
    and they exist because you created what you pleased.”
Observation
Here is why we should go to church. Here is why we should live godly lives. We should because our Lord is worthy. He is worthy to receive glory and honor and power. He is worthy.
We should get up first thing in the morning and spend time with our Lord in His Word. Why? We should ... because He is worthy.
Spending time with God in His Word every day, not because we have to, but because we want to. … Because we realize that He is worthy.
True worship, worship that pleases the Lord, always involves sacrifice and commitment! I was created to worship. God has wired us to worship something or someone. His desire is that we passionately worship Him.
But if I don't worship the Lord and if you don't worship the Lord, I guarantee you, because you and I were created to worship, that we will worship something else.
Application
I will get up each morning and worship the Lord by spending time with Him in His Word.
How about you? Will you make a commitment to the Lord to meet Him every morning?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, as I read Ezekiel and Revelation this morning I got a small glimpse of what it is going to be like in Heaven. The description of everything Ezekiel and the Apostle John saw is way beyond my comprehension! But I know that one day I will experience all of what they saw for myself. “You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.”
I pray and ask that You turn this approaching hurricane north so it stays in the Atlantic and doesn't harm people. I pray for Your intervention.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 8,9,10,11; Revelation 4



No comments: