Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Even Though The Fig Trees Have No Blossoms, And There Are No Grapes On The Vines; … Yet I Will Rejoice In The Lord!


Even Though The Fig Trees Have No Blossoms,
And There Are No Grapes On The Vines;
Yet I Will Rejoice In The Lord!
Scripture
Habakkuk 3
17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,

18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
    He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
    able to tread upon the heights.

Observation
The prophet Habakkuk made a choice and it is the same choice that you and I also need to make today and every day in the future. You and I need to rejoice in the Lord no matter what! No matter what is going on in our lives.
If things are going sideways, crossways, downhill, out of control, even if we are having a terrible, rotten, lousy, kind of a day and even if the prognosis is not good, we are to rejoice in the Lord!
The Apostle Paul writing from his jail cell wrote to the church at Philippi and in that letter he told us to do the same thing – Rejoice in the Lord!
Both Habakkuk and Paul were both in dire situations. Things from a human perspective did not look good for either one of them.
Habakkuk 3:17-19
17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty,

18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.
Philippians 2:17-18
17 But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God, just like your faithful service is an offering to God. And I want all of you to share that joy. 
18 Yes, you should rejoice, and I will share your joy.
Philippians 4: 4-8
4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 
5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 
Application
I will trust God's heart even when circumstances look bleak and I will rejoice in the Lord!
How about you? Are you letting circumstances win?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for those who are going through hard times right now. I pray that they will place their hope and confidence in You.
Thank You for giving me Your Word. I will hold on to every promise that You give me. I agree with Habakkuk and Paul today. I will rejoice in You no matter what!
Daily Bible Reading: Habakkuk 1,2,3; John 8
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: