Monday, August 12, 2019

You Can Ask For Anything In My Name, And I Will Do It, So That The Son Can Bring Glory To The Father.


You Can Ask For Anything In My Name,
And I Will Do It,
So That The Son Can Bring Glory To The Father.
Scripture
John 14
12 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. 

13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 

14 Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!

21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”

Observation

The disciples realize that Jesus soon will be put to death. They are disheartened. They are troubled. What Jesus shares with them in John 14 was to reassure them and encourage them. It is recorded in the Bible to encourage and reassure us. Read the chapter this morning and take it to heart!

Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.” “No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14:1-6


Application
I am a disciple of Christ. What Jesus said to his disciples in John 14, he is also saying to me today!
How about you? Are you a disciple of Jesus Christ? Then these promises are for you too!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, the key to the Christian life is knowing Your commands and keeping them. You have given me thousands of promises in Your Word. Jesus has told me that I can ask for anything in his name and he will give it to me. All I need to do is live a life of obedience. So help me, Lord, to walk in obedience. Keep me away from stupid sins.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 10,11,12; John 14



No comments: