Monday, August 05, 2019

“Look Beneath The Surface So You Can Judge Correctly.” John 7


Look Beneath
The Surface
So You Can Judge Correctly.”
Scripture
John 7
24 Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly.”
Observation
The crowd at the Festival of Shelters thought that they knew what they were talking about! But Jesus challenged them to think about what they were saying – they thought they knew what they were talking about but they were way out in left field. They rejected Jesus because they had a different kind of Messiah pictured in their minds. So ... are you rejecting Jesus?
In John 6 Jesus described Himself as the Bread of Life. Here in John 7, He describes Himself as the Living Water.
John 7
37 On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me!

38 Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’”

39 (When he said “living water,” he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)
Application
I will look forward to reading John 8 tomorrow where Jesus declares that He is the Light of the World!
How about you? Do you have a daily Bible reading plan? If not … why not?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for taking care of my family yesterday. I know that You kept my daughter Debby and my two granddaughters Amelie and Juliana safe when their car was hit by another car yesterday. I do believe in guardian Angels and one or more of them were busy yesterday keeping my family safe.
I pray for those who are grieving today. Comfort them, Lord. I pray for those who are having trouble in a relationship. Help them, Lord.
Thank You for being such a good, good, Father. You are always watching out for me!
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 23; 2 Chronicles 35; John 7



No comments: