Sunday, August 18, 2019

Put Your Finger Here, And Look At My Hands. Put Your Hand Into The Wound In My Side. Don't Be Faithless Any Longer. Believe!


Put Your Finger Here, And Look At My Hands.
Put Your Hand Into The Wound In My Side.
Don't Be Faithless Any Longer. Believe!
Scripture
John 20
24 One of the twelve disciples, Thomas (nicknamed the Twin), was not with the others when Jesus came. 

25 They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”
26 Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said.
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”
28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.
29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”

Observation
What is it going to take for you to believe? Early this morning around 4 am I was praying for some people close to me. I was asking God to help them to believe! Doubting Thomas, after seeing Jesus' resurrected body, after seeing Jesus' hands where the soldiers had nailed Him to the cross, and after seeing the spear wound in Jesus' side, Thomas believed!
What will it take for you to exclaim as Thomas did, “My Lord and My God! What will it take? What will it take for you to believe?
Application
I will keep praying for those who God puts on my heart. I will continue to pray for their salvation.
How about you? Do you believe?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me not to ever stop praying for those who are lost. I know that You put them on my heart during the night for a reason. I know that You want them to be saved. Move in their hearts. Help them to turn from sin and self and help them to turn to You. Save them, Lord! Help them to see that they are lost and in need of a Savior.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 26,35,36; John 20
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: