Saturday, August 03, 2019

They Will Never Be Condemned For Their Sins, But They Have Already Passed From Death Into Life.


They Will Never Be Condemned For Their Sins,
But
They Have Already Passed From Death Into Life.
Scripture
John 5
24 “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.
Observation

Eternal life is not something we get after we die. It starts the moment we surrender our lives to Jesus Christ. Jesus says in John 5:24 that those who listen to His message and believe in God who sent Him “have” eternal life.

Jesus also says that all of us who believe in Him will never be condemned for our sins, and have already passed from death into life.

I hope that you are able to get your arms around the truth of John 5:24!
Romans 8:1-2
1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. 
2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
John 3:36
And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.”
John 6:47
I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life.
John 10:27-29
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 

28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 

29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else.  No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.

Application
I have already started living my “forever” life!
How about you? If you were to die today do you know where you would spend eternity?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me eternal life that nobody can take away. Help me to live in a way, while I am on this planet, to bring You glory and honor. Thank You for all of your promises, especially the promise that You have given to me about my eternal security. I am safe in the palm of Your mighty hand.
I pray for any person reading this blog today that doesn't have the security of knowing where they will spend eternity when they die. Help them to place their faith in Jesus Christ and in what He did on the cross for them. Open up their spiritual eyes and their spiritual heart so that they can understand the Good News about Jesus!
I pray for those who are grieving. Comfort them, Lord!
Daily Bible Reading: Nahum 1,2,3; John 5



No comments: