Tuesday, August 20, 2019

If We Confess Our Sins, He Is Faithful And Righteous To Forgive Our Sins And To Cleanse Us From All Unrighteousness.


If We Confess Our Sins, He Is Faithful And Righteous
To Forgive Our Sins
And To Cleanse Us From All Unrighteousness.
Scripture
1 John 1
7 But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 
8 If we say, “We have no sin,” we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 
10 If we say, “We don’t have any sin,” we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
Observation

I might be a bigger sinner than you or maybe you are a bigger sinner than me, but the truth is that both of us are sinners, and we are both in need of forgiveness.
The Bible is a love story all about a perfect Holy God pursuing a relationship with us, a bunch of rotten sinners. Yes, you and I are in that bunch. And yes, He is in hot pursuit of us!
You know the Bible verse John 3:16. You probably have it memorized. The next verse that you and I should memorize if we haven't already done it is 1 John 1:9. It tells us what we need to do when we sin. The verse tells us that we need to tell God when we have sinned. God already knows it, but He wants to hear us acknowledge it. It is a Father/son or Father/daughter relationship that He desires to have with us.
I am sorry. Please forgive me. I know that is what my Heavenly Father wants to hear from me when I sin!
Application
I will confess my sins as I commit them and not let them pile up.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, every time I sin, bring convict me with Your Holy Spirit. Make me miserable until I get it right with You. I want a close relationship with You and I know that sin, any sin, messes up our relationship. Help me to live in a way that makes You smile. I do not want to grieve Your Holy Spirit. Break my heart with what breaks Yours.
I pray for any person reading this blog that is struggling in some area of sin. Help them to confess their sins and get their relationship right with You. Give them victory today.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 48,49; Psalms 67; 1 John 1



No comments: