Saturday, August 31, 2019

Each One Had A Harp, And They Held Gold Bowls Filled With Incense, Which Are The Prayers Of God's People.


Each One Had A Harp,
And They Held Gold Bowls Filled With Incense,
Which Are The Prayers Of God's People.
Scripture
Revelation 5
8 And when he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they held gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God’s people. 9 And they sang a new song with these words:
You are worthy to take the scroll
    and break its seals and open it.
For you were slaughtered, and your blood has ransomed people for God
    from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 And you have caused them to become
    a Kingdom of priests for our God.
    And they will reign on the earth.”
11 Then I looked again, and I heard the voices of thousands and millions of angels around the throne and of the living beings and the elders. 12 And they sang in a mighty chorus:
Worthy is the Lamb who was slaughtered—
    to receive power and riches
and wisdom and strength
    and honor and glory and blessing.”
13 And then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea. They sang:
Blessing and honor and glory and power
    belong to the one sitting on the throne
    and to the Lamb forever and ever.”
14 And the four living beings said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped the Lamb.
Observation
I love this passage! Not only does God love us, but He loves us so much that He saves our prayers that we have prayed to Him.
Earlier in the summer Kathy was going through a footlocker that we have lugged around with us all over the world. It is full of keepsakes. It is full of memories. In that container, she has all kinds of things that she has saved of our kids when they were little.
She even had some old love notes and cards from me that I wrote way back when we were in high school 50 years ago. She saved all of those things because they were from people that she loved.
God has done the same thing with our prayers. He loves us that much! When we talk to Him, He not only responds to our conversation He saves our prayers!
It is amazing and wonderful to know that God loves us that much!
Application
When I pray I hope that my conversations with my Heavenly Father will be worth His saving.
How about you? How is your prayer life?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You know what I am going to say before I even know what I am going to say. You know my thoughts before I even think them. So I know that You know my heart right now. I am amazed that You would want to save my prayers. I know that there are some that have been totally selfish and I doubt that those prayers are among those that You have saved. I know that I don't always make You smile when my conversation with You is all about me. So help me Lord to keep my focus on other people and may the majority of my conversations with You be for other people. Those will be the prayers of mine that I hope You will save.
I pray for my dear friend, Dr. Charles Hartwig as he grieves the loss of his wife Patsy. Be with their children, Amy and Kenneth and their families as they go through this time of loss. Thank You for bringing Charles and Patsy into our lives. We have a relationship with You because of them. We are eternally grateful to You for placing them in our lives.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 12,13,14; Revelation 5



No comments: