Wednesday, August 28, 2019

That Is Why I Tell You Not To Worry About Everyday Life –


That Is Why I Tell You
Not To Worry
About Everyday Life –
Scripture
Matthew 6
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?

26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 

27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 
29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.
30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 
32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 
33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
Observation

Did you sleep well last night? If not, then the culprit that is messing up your sleep just could be – worry! Are you worried?

No matter how much you and I worry and fret over something it is not going to change the situation one bit. There is an alternative to worry.

Instead of worrying, which does no good at all, we should take all of our concerns to the Lord. Yes, pray about them instead!

When we can't sleep at night because we are thinking about something (worrying), instead of continuing to lay there thinking about the problem, let's take that problem to God in prayer.

Let's talk to Him about it and lay the problem at His feet. And every time we start to think (worry) about the problem again let's go to the Lord and give it back to Him.

This is what God says to do with all of our problems and all of our worries.

Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
By the way, this is our lesson for this Sunday in the Bible Study that I have the privilege to lead on Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM at our church. If you are not doing anything this Sunday at 9 o'clock come join us! Christ Fellowship Church 300 E. Sligh Ave.
Application
I will keep taking every worry and concern to the Lord in prayer. Every time I begin to worry about something I will invite the Lord to take care of the problem for me.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I serve an Audience of One. I know that I am supposed to put You first in my life. Don't let me get distracted and worried over things in my life. Help me to walk by faith. Help me to trust You with every detail of my life. And I pray the same thing for any person who may read this blog. Help them not to worry. Increase their faith!
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 1,2,3; Revelation 2 … I added: Matthew 6



No comments: